1. Valsalva ManeuverLike What You Read? Subscribe & Be Emailed The Top Articles Weekly!
Note: If you have heart disease, do not use this remedy.
Coughing vigorously for a few minutes can help break the pattern of a palpitation. It causes pressure to build up in your chest, which puts your heart back into a normal rhythm.
This is not a preventive measure. Use this remedy only when you are having a palpitation.
3. Deep Breathing
- Sit comfortably in a cross-legged position.
- Take slow, deep breaths through your nose, allowing your belly to expand with each inhalation.
- Breathe out slowly through your mouth.
- Repeat for a few minutes until your heart rate slows down.
You can also regularly do yoga and meditation to prevent heart palpitations.
4. Cold Water
Splashing cold water on your face can also work well for palpitations and panic attacks. You can also take a cold shower. Cold water helps shock your nervous system to help get your heartbeat back to normal.
5. Blackstrap Molasses
- Stir 1 tablespoon of blackstrap molasses into 1 cup of water and drink it.
- Another option is to mix 2 teaspoons each of blackstrap molasses and apple cider vinegar in 1 cup of water.
Follow either of these remedies once daily.
Read Full Article: Home Remedies For Palpitations